Gingerbread House Competition
The Teen Advisory Board of the Bella Vista Public Library is proud to announce their first Gingerbread House Competition!
Participants should read the guidelines and rules listed below carefully before submitting their custom gingerbread house.
Voting will take place at the Bella Vista Public Library.
2021 Guidelines and Rules
Rules and Procedures:
Please read the rules and procedures carefully. Due to space, only a limited number of entries will be accepted into the competition on a first come first serve basis. For further instructions about size, materials, and restrictions see Size Limitations, Identification, and Description section.
- All Entries must follow the Size Limitations, Identification, and Description guidelines. Any Entries that do not follow these guidelines will not be accepted into the competition.
- All entries must be submitted between Monday, December 6th – End of Day Saturday, December 11th.
- All entries must be constructed by the individuals entering the contest.
- All entries must be physically brought in and placed on the designated tables by participants.
- One entry is allowed per household.
- All entries must be picked up during open hours between Monday, December 20th – Wednesday, December 22nd by 4pm. All entries not picked up by 4pm on Wednesday, December 22nd will be discarded.
- All participants must submit their entries at the Library front desk.
*The Library is not liable for damaged displays.
Size Limitations, Identification, and Description Guidelines:
All entries must be able to fit/not exceed a 12”x12”x12” space. All structures must be placed on a self-supporting base or board that does not exceed 12”x12”.
All Gingerbread House entries must be in the form of a house. A house can be any kind: Birdhouse, Traditional House, Castles, Log Cabins etc. Any family friendly house structure is acceptable. If deemed inappropriate, the entry will be disqualified. All entries must be made of gingerbread, pre-baked gingerbread, or graham crackers.
Gingerbread Houses must be made of 100% edible candy/embellishments/materials (except the base board).
No artificial materials, such as Styrofoam, are to be used to construct or decorate the house. Artificial Materials may be used for landscaping so long as it is not part of the house structure.
Lastly, BE CREATIVE!
All voting will be in person and is open to the public.
Voting will commence Monday, December 13th - Saturday, December 18th at 4pm.
Come cast your vote!
All competition winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be contacted and announced online Monday, December 20th.
Entry Placement & Pick Up
Each entry should be placed on the display area and picked up by the person(s) that are dropping it off. All entries must be picked up during open hours between Monday, December 20th – Wednesday, December 22nd by 4pm. All entries not picked up by 4pm on Wednesday, December 22nd will be discarded.