2022 Summer Reading Program
Oceans of Possibilities Summer Reading Program
June 13 - July 22
Bella Vista Public Library is excited to continue a long tradition of hosting an annual summer reading program for patrons of all ages! This year, we're exploring an Ocean of Possibilities! We'll meet sea creatures, create crafts, and read along the way!
How to Participate:
• Download the Beanstack Tracker App onto your device or go to bvpl.beanstack.org as early as May 20, 2022.
• Touch "Find Your School or Library," type in “Bella Vista Public Library."
• At the bottom of your screen, click "Sign Up", follow the prompts to create your account.
• Create a Reader Profile for each reader in your family and register each reader for a Summer Reading Challenge.
• Start logging your books and participating in our suggested activities on June 13! Depending on the reading challenge you sign up for, you will have a reading goal to reach by July 20.
• Earn virtual badges and tickets as you reach certain goals within your challenge. Place earned tickets into our prize raffles for a chance to win one of our amazing prizes!
Submit tickets for prizes no later than July 20. All prizes are subject to change and will be added throughout the Summer Reading Program. Winners will be notified on July 21.
Once you have completed our Summer Reading challenge, call the library to reserve a spot at our End of Summer Reading Pizza Party on July 22! Pick up all your prizes, pizza, and ice-cream! You must have completed this years Ocean of Possibilities Summer Reading Challenge to attend this event and receive your completion prizes.
Library Events & Programs:
• Find our events and programs on our website calendar or in the Summer Reading brochure (select programs require registration).
• All programs are subject to change. Check our Facebook for any updates and program information or guidelines. Space, parking, and supplies are limited.
• CHILDREN: 0-99 Picture Books— suggested for those reading picture books to chapter books (50 pages or less)
• TEENS: 8-17 Chapter Books — suggested for those reading chapter books (50 pages or more)
• ADULTS: 18-99 Chapter Books — suggested for those reading chapter books (50 pages or more)
*Please note that every challenge has different prize options geared towards each age group.
• Monday, June 13 - Summer Reading starts! Time to log your reading!
• Saturday, June 18 - SRP Beach Bash with Musician Will Parker. Join us for fun music and SRP sign up help.
• Friday, July 22 - End of SRP Pizza Party. Call the library once you have completed your reading challenge in Beanstack to reserve a spot.
We would like to give a huge thank you to our sponsors for making our 2022 Summer Reading Program a SPLASH!
• The Friends of the Bella Vista Public Library
• The Rotary Club of Bella Vista
• The Amazeum
• Dairy Queen
• Pedal it Forward,
• ONYX Coffee Lab
• Sam’s Club
• Ozark Escape
• NWA Naturals